In this special worship service, the sermon comes in two parts: The first is for Advent 4, the Sunday of Love. The second is for Christmas Day. In addition to the special message, there are some beloved Christmas hymns, prayer, and, as we do every week, a time of communion (breaking of the bread). You may choose to participate, or simply meditate as we tell of Jesus' invitation to "do this in remembrance of me." If you would like to share with us at the table that goes beyond earthly boundaries of time, place, and structure, we ask that you prepare a piece of bread of some type and a drink such as grape juice, wine, or water. As we pray, our prayers extend to where you are. If you are unable to eat or drink, you may want to use a symbolic gesture or mental symbol as you come together at this table of remembrance with us. (Scroll down for an Order of Worship)
We hope that as you join us for worship you will feel a blessing from being part. Please tell friends, family, and others you know about our online church that is here with doors that are always open, walls as wide as the world, and always room at the table.
ORDER OF WORSHIP:
1. Opening background music: “It Came Upon a Midnight Clear” Bev Heid
2. Call to Worship, Pastors Russ and Ann
3. Lighting of Advent Candle: Led by Pastor Ann
4. Opening Hymn: "O Come All Ye Faithful" - DisciplesNet Singers
5. Pastor's Prayer with Lord's Prayer: Pastor Amy
6. "When God is a Child" Twana Harris and Dean Phelps
7. Scripture: Mark 1:1-8 Rev. Anita Cobb
8. Message (part 1): “Pursuing Love” Pastor Russ
9. “What Child is This?” Dean Phelps and Twana Harris
10. Communion: Elder Susan
11. "In Remembrance of Me" Southport Christian Church
12. Message (part 2): “Seeking Christ” Pastor Russ
If you would like to chat with one of our pastors, including talking more about belief in God, becoming a Christian or following Christ, or living as a disciple of Christ, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact us using the contact information on our website, disciplesnet.org, or our Facebook page, DisciplesNet Church.
INVITATION TO GIVING:
DisciplesNet Church is a not-for-profit church that exists to cross barriers and boundaries to share the Good News of God's redeeming love. We rely on the gifts of our online viewers as we continue to grow and extend our nets around the world.
We also extend the invitation for you to be part of the DisciplesNet ministry by giving a one-time gift, or ongoing, including a tithe. Even the smallest of gifts, like the mustard seed, has a way of growing in amazing ways to share God's word and the love of Jesus Christ. We have a giving page on our website, disciplesnet.org, and email address: email@example.com
God bless you, and thank you for joining us!