Click here to find a specific worship service
- DisciplesNet Worship #216, “Finding Ways to Love” (Borschel encore, 10.19.2014)
Suppose the Apostle Paul could write a letter to our churches today? What might it look like? What might it say? Pastor Bob Shaw looks at this question today, preaching from Philippians 4:1-9, where the names might be different, but so much applies to each of us as we work together in the church today, despite the great differences–which if we are not careful, will divide us and the church.
DisciplesNet church works to bring the church to people not able to attend a physical church, as well as those who benefit by connecting online 24/7 with the special faith resources we create. We work to bring the Good News of God’s redeeming love to the world.
As DisciplesNet approaches our fourth anniversary, we seek God’s guidance as our unique ministry keeps growing. As we prayerfully seek to reach people online around the world, we also prayerfully seek to be the best stewards possible of the resources that people are sharing in God’s work through DisciplesNet Church. We invite you to join in giving through DisciplesNet –or another ministry of your choosing– as you consider your own place and circumstances, and how God calls you to share your own gifts.
Worship today is about 37 minutes, a time of celebrating God’s presence through song, prayers, scripture, and considering God’s word together. As you worship with us, keep in mind that our ‘pews’ are very big: you will be worshipping with people in times and places all around the world. We like to think that although most of us can’t see each other here, God sees our DisciplesNet Church gathered, perfectly well, and is in our midst.
As we do every week, our time together includes a time of communion (breaking of the bread) where you may choose to participate, or simply meditate as we tell of Jesus’ invitation to “do this in remembrance of me.”
If you would like to share with us at the table that goes beyond all earthly boundaries of time, place, and structure, we ask that you prepare a piece of bread of some type and a drink, such as grape juice, wine, or water. As we pray, our prayers are given to extend to where you are If you are unable to eat or drink, you may want to use a symbolic gesture or mental symbol as you come together at this table of remembrance with us. (Scroll down for an Order of Worship)
We hope that as you join us for worship you will feel a blessing from being part. Please tell friends, family, and others you know about our online church that is here with doors that are always open, walls as wide as the world, and always room at the table.
ORDER OF WORSHIP:
1. Opening background music: “Blest Be the Tie that Binds,” played by Dean Phelps
2. Welcome: Amy Grogan
3. “Weave,” Congregational singers
4. Pastor’s Prayer with Lord’s Prayer: Russ Smith
5. Hymn: “Lord, Make us Instruments of Thy Peace”
6. Scripture: Philippians 4:1-9 (NRSV), Susan McNeely
7. Message: “Be of One Mind” Bob Shaw
8. Hymn: “Blest Be the Tie that Binds”
9. Communion: Russ Smith background, “Come Share the Lord,”
10. Hymn: “Come Share the Lord”
11. Sending out (Benediction)
If you would like to chat with one of our pastors, including talking more about belief in God, becoming a Christian or following Christ, or living as a disciple of Christ, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact us using the contact information on our website, www.disciplesnet.org, or our Facebook page, DisciplesNet Church.
Invitation to Giving:
DisciplesNet Church is a not-for-profit church that exists to cross barriers and boundaries to share the Good News of God’s redeeming love. We rely on the gifts of our online viewers as we continue to grow and extend our nets around the world.
We also extend the invitation for you to be part of the DisciplesNet ministry by giving a one time gift, or ongoing, including a tithe. Even the smallest of gifts, like the mustard seed, have a way of growing in amazing ways to share God’s word and the love of Jesus Christ.
We have a giving page on our website, disciplesnet.org. Our physical address for donations is:
PO Box 17935
Indianapolis, IN 46217
And emailing address is: email@example.com
God bless you, and thank you for joining us!
Video editing by Deb Phelps, Russ Smith, Susan McNeely
In addition, we have our worship services indexed in several ways, to help you to find the exact right one:
Our indexes include:
- A Worship Service chosen at random:
- Other services by Month
- Services by title
- Show Services with a sermon by a specific Preacher
- Show Services using a specific Topic
- Show Services using a specific Scripture
- Show Services with a specific Theme
- Show Services containing certain phrases
- Show Services tagged with specific tags
- Special Videos — Videos for special passages in our lives
back to top…
- Topics finish sentences like
I’d like to know more about… (God’s love / baptism / gifts of the Spirit)
I’m dealing with… (change / temptation / tragedy)
I need… (patience / God’s presence / strength)
back to top…
back to top…
- Set Scripture to “Samuel” for all services that use scripture from either 1st or 2nd Samuel.
- Set Body Text to “Lent” to find any service where Lent is mentioned in the description.