Worship Services Index
Click here to find a specific worship service
- DisciplesNet Worship #389, Advent 2: “Finding Peace,” (Shaw 12.10.2017)
Peace seems elusive in our world and in our personal lives yet we know that it is the forefront of God's hopes and goals for this world. Our worship today includes lighting the second Advent Candle during a meditation of how to seek peace in the varied aspects of our lives.
Our worship is just over 30 minutes of sacred songs, prayer, and a message from Pastor Bob.
As we do every week, our time together includes a time of communion (breaking of the bread) where you may choose to participate, or simply meditate as we tell of Jesus' invitation to "do this in remembrance of me." If you would like to share with us at the table that goes beyond earthly boundaries of time, place, and structure, we ask that you prepare a piece of bread of some type and a drink such as grape juice, wine, or water. As we pray, our prayers are given to extend to where you are. If you are unable to eat or drink, you may want to use a symbolic gesture or mental symbol as you come together at this table of remembrance with us. (Scroll down for an Order of Worship)
We hope that as you join us for worship you will feel a blessing from being part. Please tell friends, family, and others you know about our online church that is here with doors that are always open, walls as wide as the world, and always room at the table.
ORDER OF WORSHIP:
1. Opening background music: “Let There Be Peace on Earth” - Crispus Attucks Choir
2. Call to Worship, Susan McNeely
3. Lighting of Advent Candle: Pastors Ann and Ron
3. Opening Hymn: There Will Be Peace in the Valley - Twana Harris & Dean Phelps
4. Pastor's Prayer with Lord's Prayer: Pastor Russ
5. Hymn: “Let There Be Peace on Earth” - Crispus Attucks Choir
6. Scripture: Mark 1:1-8
7. Message: “Where the Wild Things Are” - Pastor Bob
8. Hymn: “Lord, Make Us Instruments of Your Peace" - Southport Christian Church
9. Communion: “Audrey Borschel”
10. Hymn: “I Come With Joy" - DisciplesNet Singers
11. Sending out
If you would like to chat with one of our pastors, including talking more about belief in God, becoming a Christian or following Christ, or living as a disciple of Christ, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact us using the contact information on our website, disciplesnet.org, or our Facebook page, DisciplesNet Church.
INVITATION TO GIVING:
DisciplesNet Church is a not-for-profit church that exists to cross barriers and boundaries to share the Good News of God's redeeming love. We rely on the gifts of our online viewers as we continue to grow and extend our nets around the world.
We also extend the invitation for you to be part of the DisciplesNet ministry by giving a one-time gift, or ongoing, including a tithe. Even the smallest of gifts, like the mustard seed, has a way of growing in amazing ways to share God's word and the love of Jesus Christ. We have a giving page on our website, disciplesnet.org, and email address: email@example.com
God bless you, and thank you for joining us!
In addition, we have our worship services indexed in several ways, to help you to find the exact right one:
- A Worship Service chosen at random:
- Services by Month
- Services by title
- Show Services with specific preacher, theme, scripture, etc.
- Special Videos -- Videos for special passages in our lives
- Set Scripture to "Samuel" for all services that use scripture from either 1st or 2nd Samuel.
- Set "Search..." to "Lent" to find any service where Lent is mentioned in the description.