How does one become great? What does a church such as DisciplesNet need to work toward to be great? Rev. Bob Shaw offers special insight on this today in worship #106, looking at "How to be a great church." His message applies whether we are looking at what God is calling us to do as individuals, or in working together in the church, the body of Christ in the world.
Our worship includes a time of communion (breaking of the bread)--for which we extend the invitation given by Jesus Christ to all who would come. If you would like to share with us in this time at the table that passes all boundaries of place, time, and walls, then we ask that you prepare a wafer, cracker, or bread and a drink, and we ask that our blessing will extend to where you are. If you are unable to eat or drink, use a symbolic gesture or mental symbols of joining with us.
We hope you will join us for this short time of worship (32 minutes), and will be blessed by participating. Please tell friends, family, and others you know about our online church that is here with doors that never close, walls as wide as the world, and always room at the table.
If you would like to chat with one of our pastors, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Invitation to Giving:
DisciplesNet is growing and has much in the works! If you would like to be part of this ministry through helping to equip the church financially for its work, you have several ways. This includes going to our website disciplesnet.org and going through Pay Pal or credit cards, by writing to our physical PO Box at:
PO Box 17935
Indianapolis, IN 46217
or emailing us at email@example.com
God bless you, and thank you for joining us!
ORDER OF WORSHIP:
1. Opening, closing music: "Old Rugged Cross," Beverly Heid"
2. Hymn: "Old Rugged Cross," Chalice Hymnal #548 v1, Dean Phelps
3. Scripture: Mark 10: 35-45, Susan McNeely
4. Pastor's Prayer with Lord's Prayer: Rev. Anita Cobb
5. Song: "What Does the Lord Require," CH #661
6. Message: "How to Be a Great Church," Rev. Bob Shaw
7. Song: "Sanctuary"
8. Call to Offering: Rev. Russ Smith
9. Communion/Breaking Bread: Revs. Deb Phelps, Anita Cobb
10. "In Remembrance of Me, CH #403
11. Benediction, Rev. Bob Shaw