We hope you will join us for DisciplesNet Worship #107, with message "What is Your Response?" brought by Rev. Anita Cobb, a talented new staff member for DisciplesNet Church. Rev. Cobb looks at the story of Bartimaeus, who calls out to Jesus to regain his sight.
We have many gifts shared today, including the Revs. Dean Phelps and Twana Harris singing, "It is Well With My Soul." As a gift to you we also share one of the great times in sharing the gift of music, when Dean and our brothers from the Disciples of Christ in the Democratic Republic of Congo got together in our studio this past month.
Our worship includes a time of communion (breaking of the bread)--for which we extend the invitation given by Jesus Christ to all who would come. If you would like to share with us in this time at the table that passes all boundaries of place, time, and walls, then we ask that you prepare a wafer, cracker, or bread and a drink, and we ask that our blessing will extend to where you are. If you are unable to eat or drink, use a symbolic gesture or mental symbols of joining with us.
We hope you will join us for this short time of worship (32 minutes), and will be blessed by participating. Please tell friends, family, and others you know about our online church that is here with doors that never close, walls as wide as the world, and always room at the table.
If you would like to chat with one of our pastors, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Invitation to Giving:
DisciplesNet is growing and has much in the works! If you would like to be part of this ministry through helping to equip the church financially for its work, you have several ways. This includes going to our website disciplesnet.org and going through Pay Pal or credit cards, by writing to our physical PO Box at:
PO Box 17935
Indianapolis, IN 46217
or emailing us at email@example.com
God bless you, and thank you for joining us!
ORDER OF WORSHIP:
1. Opening instrumental, "It is Well with My Soul," Beverly Heid"
2. Hymn: "It is Well" Chalice Hymnal #561, Twana Harris and Dean Phelps
3. Scripture: Mark 10:46-52, Tanya Willis-Robinson
4. Pastor's Prayer with Lord's Prayer: Rev. Russ Smith
5. Song: "Guide Me O, Thou Great Jehovah," CH #622
6. Message: "What is Your Response?" Rev. Anita Cobb
7. Song: "Jesus Redeemer"
8. Call to Offering: Rev. Russ Smith
9. Communion/Breaking Bread: Revs. Blanche Edwards, Deb Phelps
10. "Jesus, Remember Me, CH #569
11. Benediction, Rev. Anita Cobb