DisciplesNet continues to celebrate its second anniversary by bringing you a message from Pastor Richard Propes, who gave our very first sermon on November 14, 2010. In today's message, Pastor Propes uses a touching story from his experience in crisis counseling to illustrate how God has a plan to help us out, even when we don't know what to do for ourselves.
Our worship includes a time of communion (breaking of the bread)--for which we extend the invitation given by Jesus Christ to all who would come. If you would like to share with us in this time at the table that passes all boundaries of place, time, and walls, then we ask that you prepare a wafer, cracker, or bread and a drink, and we ask that our blessing will extend to where you are. If you are unable to eat or drink, use a symbolic gesture or mental symbols of joining with us.
We hope you will join us for this short time of worship (32 minutes), and will be blessed by participating. Please tell friends, family, and others you know about our online church that is here with doors that never close, walls as wide as the world, and always room at the table.
If you would like to chat with one of our pastors, please email us at email@example.com.
Invitation to Giving:
DisciplesNet is growing and has much in the works! We extend the invitation for you to be part of this ministry by giving an offering, or regular tithe. We are sustained and extending our nets now because of the generous gifts of people around the world. These gifts, like the mustard seed, are already growing in amazing ways.
We have a giving page on our website, disciplesnet.org. Our physical address for donations is:
PO Box 17935
Indianapolis, IN 46217
And emailing address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
God bless you, and thank you for joining us!
ORDER OF WORSHIP:
1. Opening Song: Just A Closer Walk with Thee, CH #557; traditional, from album, "Picking the Faith," Dean Phelps, used by permission
2. Pastoral Prayer, Rev. Anita Cobb
3. Scripture: Romans 8:25-29 (NRSV), read by Susan McNeely
4. I Will Sing of My Redeemer, by Selah, sung by Southport Christian Church praise band, Scott Leis, Jillian Reisinger, Leah Trigg, Sue Dykes
5. Message: I Will Sing a New Song, Pastor Richard Propes
6. Precious Lord, Take My Hand, CH#628, by Tommy Dorsey, sung by Rev. Dr. Twana A. Harris and Phoebe Spier
7. Moment for Sharing, Rev. Bob Shaw
Communion: Rev. Deb Phelps and Russ Smith
8. When You Do This, Remember Me, CH #400, v1
9. Benediction, Richard Propes
Video editing by Deb Phelps, Susan McNeely, Russ Smith, Joy Torrence