"Consider the body," our worship team invites this week, using the text from 1 Corinthians 12:12-31 about all of us being part of the body of Christ. We hope you will join us for this 30 minute time of prayer, scripture, singing, listening to the word together with people listening from times and places around the world.
As we do every week, we offer a time of communion (breaking of the bread) where you may choose to participate, or simply meditate as we tell of Jesus' invitation to "do this in remembrance of me." If you would like to share with us at the table that defies all boundaries of time, place, and structure, then we ask that you prepare a wafer, cracker, or bread and a drink. As we pray, we are praying that our blessing extends to where you are, including your bread and drink. If you are unable to eat or drink, you may want to use a symbolic gesture or mental symbol as you come together at this table of remembrance with us. (Scroll down for an Order of Worship)
We hope that as you join us for worship you will feel a blessing from being part. Please tell friends, family, and others you know about our online church that is here with doors that are always open, walls as wide as the world, and always room at the table.
If you would like to chat with one of our pastors, including talking more about becoming a Christian or following Christ, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact us using the contact information on our website, including our community, DisciplesNet City Cafe, found on our website.
ORDER OF WORSHIP:
- 1. Opening background music: "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing," Southport Christian Church
- Song: "Come Thou Fount," sung by Southport Christian Church and choir
- Pastor's Prayer with Lord's Prayer: Susan McNeely
- Scripture: 1 Corinthians 12: 12-31a, (NRSV) read by Bob Shaw
- Song: "Seek Ye First"
- Message: "Consider the body," Rev. Russ Smith
- Hymn "Sanctuary," CH#, sung by Phoebe Spier and Dean Phelps
- Moment of Sharing, Rev. Anita Cobb
- Communion: Rev. Dr. Audrey Borschel, Rev. Bill Johnson
- "One Bread, One Body," CH# , sung by Phoebe Spier and Dean Phelps
- Closing music, ""One Bread, One Body," sung Phoebe Spier and Dean Phelps
Invitation to Giving:
DisciplesNet is growing and has much in the works! We extend the invitation for you to be part of this ministry by giving an offering, or regular tithe. We are sustained and extending our nets now because of the generous gifts of people around the world. These gifts, like the mustard seed, are already growing in amazing ways.
We have a giving page on our website, disciplesnet.org. Our physical address for donations is:
PO Box 17935
Indianapolis, IN 46217
And emailing address is: email@example.com
God bless you, and thank you for joining us!
Video editing by Deb Phelps, Russ Smith, Susan McNeely,
DisciplesNet Church has a WorshipCast License with Christian Copyright Solutions which allow us permission to provide for you the musical arrangements found here on this site.