Welcome to DisciplesNet weekly worship #147. We're glad you have found your way here. DisciplesNet Church is especially created for people who connect with church best this way. Here you will find opportunities to sing, pray, study scripture, and hear an inspiring message. This week we are blessed to have Rev. Bob Shaw challenge us with an inspiring message,"The Prophet's Choice."
As we do every week, we extend the invitation for you to join in as we celebrate the Lord's Supper, also known as breaking of the bread or communion. If you would like to share with us at the table that extends across boundaries of time, place, and structure, then we ask that you prepare a wafer, cracker, or type of bread and a small drink (we use grape juice, but even water will work). As we pray, we are praying that our blessing extends to where you are. If you are unable or prefer not to eat or drink with us at this time, you may want to meditate or use motions or mental symbol as you come together at this table of remembrance with us.
We hope that as you join us for worship you will feel a blessing from being part. Please tell friends, family, and others you know about our online church that is here with doors that are always open, walls as wide as the world, and always room at the table.
ORDER OF WORSHIP:
1. Opening background music and hymn: "Sing Hallelujah to the Lord."
2. Welcome: Susan McNeely
3. "Sing Hallelujah/We are Standing on Holy Ground, sung by Southport Christian Church congregation
3. Memory scripture: Romans 12:8 (NRSV), read by Janet Spaulding
4. Pastor's Prayer with Lord's Prayer: Russ Smith
5. Song: Lord, Make Us Instruments of Your Peace, sung by Southtport Christian Church chancel choir, led by Leah M. Trigg
6. Message: "The Prophet's Choice," Rev. Bob Shaw
7. Song: Lord, You Have Come to the Lakeshore (Tu has venido a la orilla," sung by Dean Phelps
8. Communion: Deb Phelps
9. Communion song, background: "Santo Santo Santo," sung by Phoebe Spier, Dean Phelps
10. Sending out
11. Closing Music, credits: "We are Standing on Holy Ground"
If you would like to chat with one of our pastors, including talking more about belief in God, becoming a Christian or following Christ, or living as a disciple of Christ, please email us at email@example.com, or contact us using the contact information on our website, including our community, DisciplesNet City Cafe, found on our website.
Invitation to Giving:
DisciplesNet Church is a not-for-profit church that exists to cross barriers and boundaries to share the Good News of God's redeeming love. We rely on the gifts of our online viewers as we continue to grow and extend our nets around the world.
We also extend the invitation for you to be part of the DisciplesNet ministry by giving a one time gift, or ongoing, including a tithe. Even the smallest of gifts, like the mustard seed, have a way of growing in amazing ways to share God's word and the love of Jesus Christ.
We have a giving page on our website, disciplesnet.org. Our physical address for donations is:
PO Box 17935
Indianapolis, IN 46217
And emailing address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
God bless you, and thank you for joining us!
Video editing by Deb Phelps, Russ Smith, Susan McNeely
DisciplesNet Church has a WorshipCast License with Christian Copyright Solutions which allow us permission to provide for you the musical arrangements found here on this site.
Questions for this Week:
1. Have you ever felt that "fire in your bones" that Rev. Shaw speaks about? What were the circumstances?
2. Why do you think that Jeremiah, Amos, Jonah, Jesus, Paul, and the others that Rev. Shaw mentioned, avoided what they were being called to do? Can you relate?
3. Why do you think God calls people such as Jeremiah, Amos, Moses, Paul, Rev. Shaw, and persons such as yourself to speak God's word to the world?
4. Is there any message that God is speaking to you this day to share with people in word, example, or deed? If so, how do you want your life to be different this week?
5. Amen (so be it)
DisciplesNet church pays for and currently holds a license with Church Copyright Solutions that covers our use of the songs listed here. Our use of the songs is done in good faith with the stipulations set forth in the license. We don't need to pay twice to use these songs.