Welcome to DisciplesNet Church, an internet church with walls as wide as the world, doors that are always open, and always room at the table.
This week's worship is a special one, the first Sunday in Advent. Rev. Bob Shaw brings our message today on "the Coming of Hope."
In addition we have a special time of singing and Lighting the first Advent Candle. We hope you will join with us in singing, prayer, and scripture.
Also, as we do every week, we extend the invitation for you to join as we celebrate the Lord's Supper, also known as breaking of the bread, communion, and the Eucharist. We believe that it is Jesus Christ who invites God's children to the Table as a special, symbolic way of remembering him, so that all who would say "yes" to Christ's invitation may come in reverence and share in taking the bread and cup, either physically or in one's mind.
If you would like to share in communion physically, please have ready a piece of bread or similar food and some type of drink (we use grape juice, but other liquids including wine and water will work). These represent the broken body and the blood of Jesus Christ given on our behalf.
We hope that as you join us for worship you will feel a blessing from being part. Please help us spread the word about DisciplesNet Church, especially to those who are not able to attend a physical church.
May God bless you richly!
ORDER OF WORSHIP:
1. Opening background music: "Let Us Walk in the Light of the Lord," by Audrey Borschel, played by Audrey Borschel and Beverly Carmichael Heid
2. Welcome: Russ Smith
3. Opening Hymn: "Let Us Walk in the Light of the Lord," verse 1, by Audrey Borschel,sung by DisciplesNet singers
4. Lighting the Advent Candle:
Prepare the Way (singing: round)
Scripture: Isaiah 2:1-5 (NRSV), read by Amy Grogan
One Candle is Light, verse 1, Sung by Dean Phelps
5. Prayer: Susan Mcneely
6. Prayer Response: "Emmanuel" sung by Southport Christian Church, Indianapolis
7. Scripture: Matthew 24:36-44 (NRSV), Amy Grogan
8. Hymn:Come, O Long Expected Jesus,"CH #543
9. Message: "The Coming of Hope," Bob Shaw
10. Communion: Anita Cobb, background instrumental, O Little Town of Bethlehem," "O Come, All Ye Faithful," "One Bread, One Body," Beverly Carmichael Heid
11. Background instrumental: Communion song: "When You Do This, Remember Me" CH #400
10. Sending Out
Please consider helping DisciplesNet grow:
DisciplesNet Church is a not-for-profit church with the vision of crossing barriers and boundaries to connect the world with the Good News of God's redeeming love. WWe rely on the gifts of our online viewers as we continue to grow and extend our nets around the world; such gifts have made it possible to share today's worship with you.
We extend the invitation to be part of the DisciplesNet ministry by giving either a one-time, or an ongoing gift, including a tithe (10%). Even the smallest of gifts, like the mustard seed, have a way of growing in amazing ways to share God's word and the love of Jesus Christ.
Find the Giving tab on our website: disciplesnet.org.
Our send to the physical mailing address :
PO Box 17935
Indianapolis, IN 46217
Our emailing address is: email@example.com
God bless you, and thank you for joining us!
Video editing by Deb Phelps, Russ Smith, Susan McNeely