To watch this service on YouTube, click here.
Behind the scenes people are connecting from around the world--bringing people of different cultures, nations, races, ages, abilities, beliefs, and all else together. What does the Bible tell us about what we are to do at these exciting times? This week's worship looks at that, using the story of the woman that Jesus meets at the well in Samaria, from John 4: 4-35.
During our 30-minute time together we hope that you will sing or keep time with the hymns, join in our prayer and scripture--
And at the last of our worship we'll be sharing in a time of communion: breaking of the bread together. This is a symbolic act for us, remembering Jesus' words to his disciples at the last supper, to share in the communion in remembrance of Jesus life and redeeming acts.
If you prefer during our short time of communion, you can use the moments for prayer and meditation. If you would like to share in communion with us physically, please have ready a piece of bread, rice or similar food, and some type of drink (we use grape juice, but other drinks will work). These represent the broken body and the blood of Jesus Christ given on our behalf. As we pray for the communion, our prayer includes what is on the table before you.
We hope you will feel at home worshipping with us, and feel a blessing from being part. Please help us spread the word about DisciplesNet Church, especially to those who are not able to attend a physical church.
May God bless you richly!
ORDER OF WORSHIP:
1. Opening background music: "Fill My Cup, Lord" Beverly Carmicahel Heid, piano
2. Welcome: Russ Smith
3. Hymn: "Fill My Cup, Lord, v 1-3," #351 Chalice hymnal, sung by DisciplesNet Gospel Jubilee singers
4. Pastor's Prayer with Lord's Prayer: Russ Smith
5. Response: Cleanse Me, Heal Me, Sung by DisciplesNet singers
6. Scripture: John 4:4-42 (NRSV), from the Voice (paraphrase). Russ Smith: narration, Bob Shaw: Jesus, Anita Cobb: woman; Amy Grogan--explanation. Background music, "Thy Word," played by Bev Heid
7. Message: "Where Waters Meet," Deb Phelps
8. Hymn: "Fill My Cup, Lord, v 1.
9. Communion: Amy Grogan, student minister, recording from Brussels Belgium.
9. Communion hymn, "Eat this Bread", v 1, CH #414; DisciplesNet singers
10. Closing Music, credits; "Fill My Cup, Lord:
If you would like to chat with one of our pastors, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact us using the contact information on our website, disciplesnet.org
We are here if you have questions about belief in God, becoming a Christian, following Christ, living as a disciple of Christ, and more.
Invitation to Giving:
DisciplesNet Church is a not-for-profit church that exists to cross barriers and boundaries to share the Good News of God's redeeming love. We rely on the gifts of our online viewers as we continue to grow and extend our nets around the world.
We also extend the invitation for you to be part of the DisciplesNet ministry by giving a one time gift, or ongoing, including a tithe. Even the smallest of gifts, like the mustard seed, have a way of growing in amazing ways to share God's word and the love of Jesus Christ.
We have a giving page on our website, disciplesnet.org. Our physical address for donations is:
PO Box 17935
Indianapolis, IN 46217
And emailing address is: email@example.com
God bless you, and thank you for joining us!