DisciplesNet worship #99, "Not Expendable," brings a rich message from DisciplesNet's Rev. Russ Smith as he looks at the story of the ninety and nine sheep from Luke 15:1-7.
Along with the message we have the special guest of singer-songwriter Dean Phelps playing two of his songs about lost and found, "The Ninety and Nine," and his own creation, "If You Come Up Empty," telling the story of how he came to write this song.
Our worship includes a time of communion (breaking of the bread)--for which we extend the invitation given by Jesus Christ to all who would come. If you would like to share with us in this time at the table that passes all boundaries of place, time, and walls, then we ask that you prepare a wafer, cracker, or bread and a drink, and we ask that our blessing will extend to where you are. If you are unable to eat or drink, use a symbolic gesture or mental symbols of joining with us.
We hope you will join us for this short time of worship (30 minutes), and will be blessed by participating. Please tell friends, family, and others you know about our online church that is here with doors that never close, walls as wide as the world, and always room at the table.
If you would like to chat with one of our pastors, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Invitation to Giving:
DisciplesNet is growing and has much in the works! If you would like to be part of this ministry through helping to equip the church financially for its work, you have several ways. This includes going to our website disciplesnet.org and going through Pay Pal or credit cards, by writing to our physical PO Box at:
PO Box 17935
Indianapolis, IN 46217
or emailing us at email@example.com
God bless you, and thank you for joining us!
Order of Worship:
1. Song: arrangement, "Softly and Tenderly," words and music Will L. Thompson, Chalice Hymnal #340. Sung by Gospel Quartet, Southport Christian Churhc
2. Pastor's Prayer with Lord's Prayer: Rev. Deb Phelps
3. Song: "The Ninety and Nine, by E. Clephane, I. Sankey, sung by Dean Phelps
4. Scripture, Luke 15: 1-7 (NRSV), Audrey Borschel
5. Message: "Not Expendable," Rev. Russ Smith
6. Communion/Breaking Bread: Rev. Bob Shaw
7. Song: "Eat this Bread," CH #414, from Taize community, Robet Batastini, and Jacques Bertheir, sung by DisciplesNet congregational singers.
8. Benediction, Rev. Russ Smith