Christ has come into the world on the first Christmas and we celebrate that coming each year. Yet we have to be prepared to receive him into our hearts and lives. Pastor Bob brings this message in this service for the Sunday following Christmas, surrounded by hymns, prayer, and, as we do every week, a time of communion (breaking of the bread) You may choose to participate, or simply meditate as we tell of Jesus' invitation to "do this in remembrance of me." If you would like to share with us at the table that goes beyond earthly boundaries of time, place, and structure, we ask that you prepare a piece of bread of some type and a drink such as grape juice, wine, or water. As we pray, our prayers extend to where you are. If you are unable to eat or drink, you may want to use a symbolic gesture or mental symbol as you come together at this table of remembrance with us. (Scroll down for an Order of Worship)
We hope that as you join us for worship you will feel a blessing from being part. Please tell friends, family, and others you know about our online church that is here with doors that are always open, walls as wide as the world, and always room at the table.
ORDER OF WORSHIP:
1. Opening background music: “Go Tell It On the Mountain” Susan McNeely - Hammered Dulcimer
2. Call to Worship, Elder Susan
3. Opening Hymn: "Joy to the World" - Southport Christian Church Choir
4. Lighting of Advent Candle: Led by Pastor Ann
5. Pastor's Prayer with Lord's Prayer: Pastor Audrey Borschel
6. "Angels We Have Heard on High" Chalice Hymnal #155
7. Scripture: Luke 2:22-40 Janet - Background: "O Come O Come Emmanuel" - Ted Yoder - Hammered Dulcimer
8. Message: “Prepared to Receive” Pastor Bob
9. “When God is a Child” Dean Phelps and Twana Harris
10. Communion: Pastor Russ
11. "Go Tell it on the Mountain" Dean Phelps and Twana Harris
If you would like to chat with one of our pastors, including talking more about belief in God, becoming a Christian or following Christ, or living as a disciple of Christ, please email us at email@example.com, or contact us using the contact information on our website, disciplesnet.org, or our Facebook page, DisciplesNet Church.
INVITATION TO GIVING:
DisciplesNet Church is a not-for-profit church that exists to cross barriers and boundaries to share the Good News of God's redeeming love. We rely on the gifts of our online viewers as we continue to grow and extend our nets around the world.
We also extend the invitation for you to be part of the DisciplesNet ministry by giving a one-time gift, or ongoing, including a tithe. Even the smallest of gifts, like the mustard seed, has a way of growing in amazing ways to share God's word and the love of Jesus Christ. We have a giving page on our website, disciplesnet.org, and email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
God bless you, and thank you for joining us!