We scrapped our planned message at the last minute for DisciplesNet Worship #102, and developed this one to bring a sense of God’s peace to a week that has seen so much strife and fury over clashes of religious beliefs. Rev. Bob Shaw brings a short message, “Go in Peace,” using text from Micah 4:1-4.
We include many opportunities to sing along this week, with favorites, Let There Be Peace on Earth, What Does the Lord Require of You, How Great is Our God/How Great Thou Art (chorus), The Gift of Love, and In Remembrance of Me.
Our worship includes a time of communion (breaking of the bread)--for which we extend the invitation given by Jesus Christ to all who would come. If you would like to share with us in this time at the table that passes all boundaries of place, time, and walls, then we ask that you prepare a wafer, cracker, or bread and a drink, and we ask that our blessing will extend to where you are. If you are unable to eat or drink, use a symbolic gesture or mental symbols of joining with us.
We hope you will join us for this short time of worship (28 minutes), and will be blessed by participating. Please tell friends, family, and others you know about our online church that is here with doors that never close, walls as wide as the world, and always room at the table.
If you would like to chat with one of our pastors, please email us at email@example.com.
Invitation to Giving:
DisciplesNet is growing and has much in the works! If you would like to be part of this ministry through helping to equip the church financially for its work, you have several ways. This includes going to our website disciplesnet.org and going through Pay Pal or credit cards, by writing to our physical PO Box at:
PO Box 17935
Indianapolis, IN 46217
or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
God bless you, and thank you for joining us!
Order of Worship:
1. Background instrumental during introduction: “Let There Be Peace,” played by Bev Heid
2. “Let There Be Peace on Earth,” Chalice Hymnal #677, sung by Phoebe Spier and Dean Phelps
3. Prayer of St. Francis, read by Deb Phelps
4. Scripture: Micah 4:1-4 (NRSV), ready by Susan McNeely
5. Song: What Does the Lord Require of You,” CH #661
6. Pastor's Prayer with Lord's Prayer: Rev. Dr. Audrey Borschel
7. How Great is our God/How Great Thou Art, sung by Southport Christian Churchy
8. Message: “Go in Peace," Rev. Bob Shaw
9. Song: “The Gift of Love,” #526, Dean Phelps
10. Communion/Breaking Bread: Rev. Russ Smith, Deb Phelps
11. “In Remembrance of Me, CH #403, Southport Christian Church
12. Benediction, Rev. Bob Shaw