We invite you to join us for DisciplesNet worship #103, with Rev. Russ Smith preaching about what he calls Significant Insignificance. We hope you will join us and see how he has applied his message to Jesus' teachings in Mark 9:30-37.
Along with our message we are share many musical favorites, "Jesu, Jesu,", "Here I Am Lord," and "Jesus Keep Me Near the Cross." We hope you will sing or follow along as the song is played.
Our worship includes a time of communion (breaking of the bread)--for which we extend the invitation given by Jesus Christ to all who would come. If you would like to share with us in this time at the table that passes all boundaries of place, time, and walls, then we ask that you prepare a wafer, cracker, or bread and a drink, and we ask that our blessing will extend to where you are. If you are unable to eat or drink, use a symbolic gesture or mental symbols of joining with us.
We hope you will join us for this short time of worship (28 minutes), and will be blessed by participating. Please tell friends, family, and others you know about our online church that is here with doors that never close, walls as wide as the world, and always room at the table.
If you would like to chat with one of our pastors, please email us at email@example.com.
Invitation to Giving:
DisciplesNet is growing and has much in the works! If you would like to be part of this ministry through helping to equip the church financially for its work, you have several ways. This includes going to our website disciplesnet.org and going through Pay Pal or credit cards, by writing to our physical PO Box at:
PO Box 17935
Indianapolis, IN 46217
or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
God bless you, and thank you for joining us!
Order of Worship:
1. Introduction, with "He's Got the Whole World" (background, played by Beverly Heid)
2. Song: "Jesu, Jesu," #600 Chalice Hymnal, by Tom Colvin, Ghanan folk tune;
3. Scripture: Mark 9:30-37 (NRSV), read by Deb Phelps
4. Pastor's Prayer and Lord's Prayer, by Blanche Edwards
5. Song: "Jesus, Keep Me Near the Cross," #587 CH, by Frances Crosby, William H. Doane,
6. Message: "Significant Insignificance," by Rev. Russ Smith
7. Song: "Here I Am, Lord," #452 CH, by Daniel Schutte
8. Communion/Breaking of Bread: Rev. Bob Shaw
9. Communion Song: "Here At Thy Table, Lord," #384 CH, May P. Hoyt, William Sherwin
10. Benediction, Rev. Russ Smith