DisciplesNet Worship #104, for World Communion Sunday, moves us from Rev. Audrey Borschel’s sense of Christ’s presence in the world, to a sense of Christ’s presence in our hearts, and then at the table. An extraordinary gift on this worship came when two members of the Congolese Disciples of Christ, visiting in the area, came and shared in preparing the worship for you. You will see what happens when three musicians from Congo and the US get together to sing to the Lord. We also have a special guest leading us in Communion.
We hope you will join us for our worship, just under 30 minutes, and that it will in some way speak to you of God.
DisciplesNet is a non-profit ministry and online church that started up grassroots in November of 2010, led mostly by volunteers. Our mission is making connections along the internet highway in the name of Christ, especially hoping to connect with people who are otherwise disconnected from a church...as well as those who just like being part of a global church that is available 24/7. We hope to supplement and work in partnership physical churches.
DisciplesNet operates thanks to the gifts that so many have given to help us in our work. If you would like to join them in supporting our ministry, gifts may be given through our website at disciplesnet.org, or sent by postal mail to
PO Box 17935
Indianapolis, IN 462908
Communication can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for connecting with us. May God bless you!
Order of worship:
2. Song: Lord, You Have Come to the Lakeshore (Chalice Hymnal #342)
3. Scripture: Mark 8:24-38 (NRSV)
4. Pastor’s Prayer, intro to Guests (Rev. Deb Phelps)
5. Song: Amazing Grace, in English and Lingala (Congolese)
6. Message: “The Second Question” (Rev. Dr. Audrey Borschel)
7. Song: Jesus Messiah, by Craig Tomlin, sung by Scott Leis, Dean Phelps
8. Call to Offering, Rev. Russ Smith
9. Breaking of the Bread/Communion, Rev. Russ Smith, Rev. ILUMBE, Rev. Shaw, Rev. Edwards
10. Song: One Piece of Bread, Chalice Praise Chalice Praise #165, written and sung by Thom Schuyler
11. Sending out