To watch this worship service on YouTube, click here.
Rev. Dr. Audrey Borschel brings an inspiring message about prophets then and prophets now for our third Sunday in Advent. This is the SUnday when we light the advent candle of joy, leading up in anticipation to the birth of the Christ child.
If you have an advent candle, you may like to light yours as we light ours during worship. Our worship is rich with music and opportunities to sing along.
We also have a special prayer in response to the terrible injury and loss of life of children in China and Connecticut as we were preparing our worship video.
Our worship includes a time of communion (breaking of the bread)--for which we extend the invitation given by Jesus Christ to all who would come. If you would like to share with us in this time at the table that passes all boundaries of place, time, and walls, then we ask that you prepare a wafer, cracker, or bread and a drink, and we ask that our blessing will extend to where you are. If you are unable to eat or drink, use a symbolic gesture or mental symbols of joining with us.
We hope you will join us for this short time of worship (30 minutes), and will be blessed by participating. Please tell friends, family, and others you know about our online church that is here with doors that never close, walls as wide as the world, and always room at the table.
If you would like to chat with one of our pastors, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Invitation to Giving:
DisciplesNet is growing and has much in the works! We extend the invitation for you to be part of this ministry by giving an offering, or regular tithe. We are sustained and extending our nets now because of the generous gifts of people around the world. These gifts, like the mustard seed, are already growing in amazing ways.
We have a giving page on our website, disciplesnet.org. Our physical address for donations is:
PO Box 17935
Indianapolis, IN 46217
ORDER OF WORSHIP:
1. Background music: Come O Long Expected Jesus, played by Dean Phelps
2. Hymn: "Come, O Long Expected Jesus, "Chalice Hymnal #125
3. Special Pastor's Prayer: Deb Phelps; O Come Little Children background, played by Pam Barksdale
4. When God is a Child, CH #132, sung by Twana Harris and Dean Phelps
5. Scripture: Zephaniah 3:14-18, read by Anita Cobb
6. Lighting the Advent Candle: reading, Isaiah 12:2-6 Tanya Willis-Robinson; Philippians 4:2-7, Russ Smith,
7. One Candle Is Lit," CH #128, v 1, 2, 3: Dean Phelps
8. Scripture: Luke 3:7-8,16-18, Susan McNeely (NRSV),
9. Message: "For Prophets Then and Now," Rev. Dr. Audrey Borschel
10. Hymn: "Let Us Walk in the Light of the Lord, written and sung by Audrey Borschel
11. Moment of Sharing, Bob Shaw
12.Communion: Revs. Blanche Edwards, Anita Cobb
13. "I Come With Joy," CH #
14. Benediction Song: Audrey Borschel