We invite you to join us for worship this Sunday after Christmas, with a special message from our Pastor Anita Cobb, "What to Take into the New Year," based upon Colossians 3:12-17.
Also we use the scripture of Simeon and Anna seeing the Christ child in the temple, with a special prayer by Audrey Borschel and scripture reading by Susan McNeely, directed at our children, using their favorite sheep to remind us that we are all the sheep of God's pasture, and follow the Good Shepherd.
Additionally, we offer inspiring special music by the duo Dean Phelps and Twana Harris, and Southport Christian Church, with Christmas favorites for you to sing along with, if you'd like. Beverly Heid, Pam Barksdale, and Susan McNeely provide the background music for our readings.
Our worship also includes a time of communion (breaking of the bread)--for which we extend the invitation given by Jesus Christ to all who would come. If you would like to share with us in this time at the table that passes all boundaries of place, time, and walls, then we ask that you prepare a wafer, cracker, or bread and a drink, and we ask that our blessing will extend to where you are. If you are unable to eat or drink, use a symbolic gesture or mental symbols of joining with us. (Scroll down for an Order of Worship)
We hope you will join us for this short time of worship (30 minutes), and will be blessed by participating. Please tell friends, family, and others you know about our online church that is here with doors that never close, walls as wide as the world, and always room at the table.
If you would like to chat with one of our pastors, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact us using the contact information on our website, including our community, DisciplesNet City Cafe, found on our website.
ORDER OF WORSHIP:
1. Opening background music: "Jesus Loves the Little Children," played by Bev Heid
2. Hymn: "Angels We Have Heard on High," Chalice Hymnal #155
3. Scripture: Luke 2:22-40 (NRSV), read by Janet Spaulding
4. Pastor's Prayer with Lord's Prayer: Rev. Dr. Audrey Borschel
5 Song: "When God is a Child," CH #132, sung by Dean Phelps & Twana Harris
6. Scripture: Colossians 3:12-17 (NRSV) read by Susan McNeely
7. Message: "What to Take into the New Year," Rev. Anita Cobb
8. Hymn "Joy To the World," CH #143, sung by Southport Christian Church, Indianapolis
9. Moment of Sharing, Rev. Russ Smith
10. Communion: Revs. Bob Shaw, Blanche Edwards
11. "I Wonder As I Wander," v. 1, CH# 161, sung by Dean Phelps
13. Closing music, "Go Tell it on the Mountain," played on mountain dulcimer by Susan McNeely
Invitation to Giving:
DisciplesNet is growing and has much in the works! We extend the invitation for you to be part of this ministry by giving an offering, or regular tithe. We are sustained and extending our nets now because of the generous gifts of people around the world. These gifts, like the mustard seed, are already growing in amazing ways.
We have a giving page on our website, disciplesnet.org. Our physical address for donations is:
PO Box 17935
Indianapolis, IN 46217
And emailing address is: email@example.com
God bless you, and thank you for joining us!