Welcome to DisciplesNet Church, an online church with walls as wide as the world, doors that are always open, and always room at the table.
We invite you to join us for this special weekly worship for the fourth Sunday in Advent, just before Christmas Eve.
This worship has a special message from Rev. Russ Smith about, and the lighting of the fourth candle in the advent wreath. We hope you will join us in a time of prayer and lighting candles, in singing Christmas songs, hearing the Christmas story, and at the end of worship, sharing in communion together.
If you would like to share in communion physically, please make ready a piece of bread or similar food and some type of drink (we use grape juice, but other liquids including wine and water will work). These represent the broken body and the blood of Jesus Christ given on our behalf.
Also, if you would like to join us in lighting a candle, we will have a chance to do that after communion as our time together comes to a close.
We hope that as you join us for worship you will feel a blessing from being part. Please help us spread the word about DisciplesNet Church, especially to those who are not able to attend a physical church.
ORDER OF WORSHIP:
1. Opening background music: Adeste Fidelis (O Come All Ye Faithful)
2. Welcome: Anita Cobb
3. Song: O Come O Come Emmanuel," Chalice Hymnal #119, sung by Southport Christian Church congregation
4. Lighting Candles: Russ Smith family, "One Candle is Lit," v.4, #128
5. Prayer: Bob Shaw
6. Song: "Sweet Little Jesus Boy," Dean Phelps and Twana Harris
7. Scripture: Luke 1: 18-25 (NRSV), Audrey Borschel
8. Message: "Loving God into the World," Russ Smith
9. Hymn: "O Come, All Ye Faithful," CH #148, JOhn Francis Wade, sung by DisciplesNet singers
10. Communion: Bob Shaw
11. Communion song: "Emmanuel, Bob McGee, 1976, CH #134
12. Sending Out: "O Come All Ye Faithful"
Please consider helping DisciplesNet grow:
DisciplesNet Church is a not-for-profit church online especially built to connect with persons who are not able to worship at a physical church, or who like connecting with worship online.
WWe rely on the gifts of our online viewers as we continue to grow and extend our nets around the world. Such gifts by caring individuals and church groups have made it possible to share today's worship with you.
We extend the invitation to be part of the DisciplesNet ministry by giving either a one-time, or an ongoing gift. Even the smallest of gifts, like the mustard seed, have a way of growing in amazing ways to share God's word and the love of Jesus Christ.
Find the Giving tab on our website: disciplesnet.org.
Our send to the physical mailing address:
PO Box 17935
Indianapolis, IN 46217
Our emailing address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
God bless you, and thank you for joining us!