We invite you to join our worship team and worshippers around the world for this first Sunday in the New Year. This week's message looks at Jesus, who came to be the light of the world. Rev. Dr. Audrey Borschel brings a message about the wonder of the message of Jesus coming into the world, speaking from John 1:1-14.
Our worship today is 28 minutes long. We hope that you'll join in as we sing familiar hymns and Christmas songs, say the Lord's prayer together. Near the beginning of the worship we have a two-part reading of John's gospel, and hope that you will chose a part and join in.
Each of our worship times include a time of communion (breaking of the bread). This is a time of symbolically remembering Jesus, and the invitation Jesus give for all who will come. The bread and the cup remind us of Jesus' body broken, and blood shed, in love for the people of the world.
If you would like to share with us in this time at the table, then we ask that you prepare a type of bread and a drink, and we pray that as we bless the bread and cup, the blessing will extend to where you are. If you are unable to eat or drink, you may wish to mental images of joining with us. (Scroll down for an Order of Worship)
We hope you will be blessed by participating. Please tell friends, family, and others you know about our online church that is here with doors that never close, walls as wide as the world, and always room at the table.
If you would like to chat with one of our pastors, please email us at email@example.com.
ORDER OF WORSHIP:
1. Opening background music: "Go, Tell it on the Mountain,"
2. Opening hymn: "Go, Tell It on the Mountain," Twana Harris and Dean Phelps
3. Reading adapted from John 1:1-14; Part 1 (Audrey Borschel), Part 2 (Mike Borshel)
4. Song: "I Wonder As I Wander," Dean Phelps
5. Pastors Prayer and Lord's Prayer: Amy Grogan, from Brussels, Belgium
6. Hymn: "Angels We Have Heard on High," CH #155, sung by DisciplesNet Singers
7. Message: "Light of the World," Audrey Borschel
8. Praise Song: "I Will Sing of My Redeemer," Southport Christian Church Praise Band
9. Communion: Bob Shaw
10. Chorus: "One Bread, One Body," CH#393, sung by DisciplesNet singers
12. Closing music, "Go Tell it on the Mountain"
Invitation to Giving:
DisciplesNet is growing and has much in the works! We extend the invitation for you to be part of this ministry by giving an offering, or regular tithe. We are sustained and extending our nets now because of the generous gifts of people around the world. These gifts, like the mustard seed, are already growing in amazing ways.
We have a giving page on our website, disciplesnet.org. Our physical address for donations is:
PO Box 17935
Indianapolis, IN 46217
And emailing address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
God bless you, and thank you for joining us!
Video editing by Deb Phelps, Russ Smith, Susan McNeely
DisciplesNet Church has a WorshipCast License with Christian Copyright Solutions which allow us permission to provide for you the musical arrangements found here on this site.