What does Easter mean for us? What does the empty tomb and the present Christ tell us? Pastor Bob takes us through the story of Easter from John 20:1-18 and shows us what it can mean for us.
Our 31-minute worship today includes a time of prayer, scripture, a number of favorite Easter hymns, preaching as well as communion. You may choose to participate, or simply meditate as we tell of Jesus' invitation to "do this in remembrance of me." If you would like to share with us at the table that goes beyond earthly boundaries of time, place, and structure, we ask that you prepare a piece of bread of some type and a drink such as grape juice, wine, or water. As we pray, our prayers extend to where you are. If you are unable to eat or drink, you may want to use a symbolic gesture or mental symbol as you come together at this table of remembrance with us. (Scroll down for an Order of Worship)
We hope that as you join us for worship you will feel a blessing from being part. Please tell friends, family, and others you know about our online church that is here with doors that are always open, walls as wide as the world, and always room at the table.
ORDER OF WORSHIP:
1. Opening background music: "Christ the Lord is Risen Today"
--- played by Pam Barksdale
2. "Christ the Lord is Risen Today" - DisciplesNet Singers
3. Scripture: Psalm 118:1-2, 14-24 read by Susan McNeely and Deb Phelps
4. Pastor's Prayer with Lord's Prayer: Pastor Russ
5. "In the Garden" - DisciplesNet Singers
6. Scripture: John 20:1-18 - read by Blanche Edwards and Audrey Borschel
7. Message: “Alive Again” Pastor Bob
8. “Christ Arose” - DisciplesNet Singers; Keith Mikesell - organ
9. Communion: Elder Susan
10. "Jesus, Remember Me" - DisciplesNet Singers
11. Sending Out
12. Credits - with the Hallelujah Chorus sung by the DisciplesNet Singers
If you would like to chat with one of our pastors, including talking more about belief in God, becoming a Christian or following Christ, or living as a disciple of Christ, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact us using the contact information on our website, disciplesnet.org, or our Facebook page, DisciplesNet Church.
INVITATION TO GIVING:
DisciplesNet Church is a not-for-profit church that exists to cross barriers and boundaries to share the Good News of God's redeeming love. We rely on the gifts of our online viewers as we continue to grow and extend our nets around the world.
We also extend the invitation for you to be part of the DisciplesNet ministry by giving a one-time gift, or ongoing, including a tithe. Even the smallest of gifts, like the mustard seed, has a way of growing in amazing ways to share God's word and the love of Jesus Christ. We have a giving page on our website, disciplesnet.org, and email address: email@example.com
God bless you, and thank you for joining us!