Welcome to DisciplesNet Worship!
(scroll down for order of worship)
Worship #92 has an inspiring message from Rev. Bob Shaw, looking at Ezekiel and Jesus, who have the common problem of being discounted among their own people. Rev. Shaw's message ends with a message of challenge and affirmation for all who experience such times.
Also in today's worship are the Rev. Dr. Twana A. Harris, singing a cappella, O For A THousand Tongues to Sing," Rev. Audrey Borschel brings the pastor's prayer today. We were blessed as we were celebrating communion this week to have Rev. Clarence Bolden nearby, and then agree to preside at our table. Thank you, Rev. Bolden. We hope this offering to you will help you find a place of worship and inspiration as you join us.
Our worship includes a time of communion (breaking of the bread)--for which we extend the invitation given by Jesus Christ to all who would come. If you would like to share with us in this time at the table that passes all boundaries of place, time, and walls, then we ask that you prepare a wafer, cracker, or bread and a drink, and we ask that our blessing will extend to where you are. If you are unable to eat or drink, use a symbolic gesture or mental symbols of joining with us.
We hope you will join us for this short time of worship (35 minutes), and will be blessed by participating. Please tell friends, family, and others you know about our online church that is here with doors that never close, walls as wide as the world, and always room at the table.
If you would like to chat with one of our pastors, please email us at email@example.com.
If you would like to be part of making this ministry possible through giving of a gift, this can be done by going to our website disciplesnet.org and going through Pay Pal or credit cards, by writing to our physical PO Box at:
PO Box 17935
Indianapolis, IN 46217
or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
God bless you, and thank you for joining us!
Order of Worship:
1. Song: "I Love to Tell the Story," Chalice Hymnal #480
2. Scripture: Ezekiel 2:1-5 (NRSV), read by Rev. Blanche Edwards
3. "Sweet Hour of Prayer" CH #570
sung by Southport Christian Church, Indianapolis
4. Pastor's Prayer: Rev. Dr. Audrey Borschel
5. Scripture: Mark 6:1-13 (NRSV), read by Rev. Russ Smith
6. Message: "A Prophet Among Us," Rev. Bob Shaw
7. Song: "O For a Thousand Tongues," CH#5, Rev. Dr. Twana A. Harris
8. Communion/Breaking Bread: Rev. Clarence Bolden, with prayer by Rev. Deb Phelps
9. "Lead Me, Guide Me," CH #583, General Assembly Chorus
10. Benediction, Rev Bob Shaw